Questions regarding paper submission, registration, and participation:
1) Is there an age limit for participating in YEM?
No, there is no age limit.
2) I am not a European citizen. Can I still participate in YEM?
Yes, you can participate regardless of your citizenship. There are no restrictions.
3) How much is the registration fee for YEM?
The registration fee for YEM is 40€ which participants will pay upon paper acceptance. An invoice will be provided as confirmation of payment. Unfortunately, registration fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation or non-attendance.
4) What topics are eligible for the conference?
We welcome paper submissions on applied empirical topics in the fields of Labor Economics, as well as Experimental & Behavioral Economics.
5) What are the prerequisites for submitting a full paper?
There is no word limit for the full paper. However, it should resemble a working paper and include a description of your methodology, results, and other relevant details. Please note that having a more complete paper may result in more productive discussions during the conference. You will be assigned a discussant for your paper.
6) How long should a paper presentation last and who will discuss my paper?
Each paper presentation should be no longer than 15 minutes and will be followed by a discussion. Each presenter will also need to discuss another presenter's paper during their session. Senior scholars will serve as session chairs.
7) Can I submit a paper that is not yet complete?
Yes, you can submit an unfinished paper. The conference is designed to help researchers improve their unpublished work.
8) Will submitted papers be published?
No, we do not publish the submitted papers online or in any conference proceedings. However, we do include the abstracts of all papers in the Book of Abstracts.
9) Can I submit more than one paper to YEM?
No, each participant can only submit and present one paper at the conference.
10) How is the Best Paper Award determined?
The best paper is selected by a committee consisting of local organizers and keynote speakers. Only papers whose authors are all under the age of 35 are eligible for the award. Single-authored papers will be given priority in the selection process.
11) What does the winner of the Best Paper Award receive?
The author of the winning paper will receive a prize of 200 EUR, but the academic recognition is the most significant reward.
For questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com